Apple Cake





Ken has given the most beautiful big bag O and I have a nice, down to the smallest imaginable on his apple tree. There were so many apples I could barely lift the bag! Some of them were a bit 'larger than ping-pong, but every little weensy Apple flavor was full of fresh autumn apple.

I took half the load in the office, but there was always a bowl full of fruit on my kitchen bench. I spent a few days just enjoying the apple-icious smell in my kitchen, and then came to the conclusion that they are not getting any younger and I'd better bake something.

spple cakeOne of my colleagues got married recently and brought some of the remains of the wedding cake in the office. It was the lightest, fluffiest cake I ever ate. Apple and rhubarb (I think) Patersons Cakes in Windsor, one of my favorite stores cake that almost gave my own wedding cake, except that they were on the other side of town. One bite of this cake and reluctantly announced to the whole office is really needed to have a slice. I kept my trap shut and keep to myself!

So with a rainy afternoon for me and a kitchen full of apples, what else was a little girl baking, but a couple of apple pies?

After reviewing some recipes, I eventually settled on one of The Silver Spoon, with some modifications of course. It seemed like a nice, smooth, a simple cake, which was perfect because I wanted the apples to be the star of the show.

This cake is very simple. It is not too sweet, and taste of the cake plainish is the ideal vehicle to enjoy the gooeyness and apples. Good cake to enjoy with an afternoon coffee.

Ingredients

* 3 eggs

* 80 g butter

* 300g flour self

* 150 g caster sugar

* 3 chopped apples (I used about 6 because mine was so teensy)

Method

Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy and pale. Beat in butter. (Even if the next time I'm going to try this cream the butter and sugar, then more eggs. Win did not include enough for my taste). Sift the flour, then gently mixed with the apples. I also added a few dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg with the flour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment