1 cup egg whites (about 7)
* 5 egg yolks
* 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1 / 2 teaspoon each almond extract, lemon and vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
Cream * 1 / 2 teaspoon of tartar
* 1 / 2 teaspoon salt
* 1 package (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
1 cup boiling water
* Ice water 1 / 2 cup
* 1 pint fresh strawberries sliced
* 1 package (8 ounces) frozen mounted topping, thawed, divided
* Charges apply
1. Let egg whites for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add sugar 1 / 2 cup. Add water and extracts. Sift the flour twice, gradually add the egg yolk mixture and mix well (dough will be very thick).
In second large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form, set aside. Stir in yellow mixture just until blended.
3. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut the dough with a knife to remove air, smooth top. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until cake back when lightly touched. Immediately invest pan and cool completely.
4th in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice water and stir. Place a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in strawberries and 1 / 2 cup whipped topping.