Salad Black-Eyed Pea is very colorful and delicious. Ginger dressing gives a delightful tangy flavor. This is great for a quick and easy lunch.
Makes 4 servings.
Black Eyed Peas SaladIngredients:
* 1 15 oz peas (lobha)
* 1 medium russet potatoes boiled, peeled and chopped finely diced
* 1 / 4 cup chopped green pepper
* 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
* 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped (Hari Mirch)
* Approximately 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, thinly sliced (adrack)
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint (Podins)
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (hara Dhania)
* 1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon ginger juice
* 3 / 4 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
Pepper * 1 / 2 teaspoon black
* 1 / 2 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
Drain the liquid from the first box, Black-Eyed Pea, wash and drain peas.
2. Heat oil in medium high, add a black-eyed peas and potatoes to cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and let cool to room temperature.
5th Mix all the ingredients for the salad dressing.
6. Mixed salad and salad dressing and let stand for about 10 minutes before serving. The salad is marinated.