In Spain, tortilla is a thick frittata-like plates, often with just potatoes. This version includes broccoli and peas. Well with a mesclun salad dressed.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 45 min
* ½ cup frozen peas or
* 1 cup small broccoli florets
* 6 tablespoons olive oil
* 12 oz (350g), sweet potatoes, like red-brown, or Burbank, peeled and cut into ¾ (2cm) cubes
* 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
* 6 large eggs, beaten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 9-inch (23cm) nonstick skillet
First Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add peas and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Use a wire designed to transfer the peas in a bowl of cold water. Return the pot to a boil, add broccoli and cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Transfer the broccoli and peas to cool. Drain the vegetables together, and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons oil in 9in (23cm) nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Let cool slightly.
3. Beat eggs in large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
4. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the potatoes and onions and eggs. Add the peas and broccoli and stir gently. Wipe skillet with paper towels.
5. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over high heat. Pour the egg mixture, reduce heat to low, and smooth the surface. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until top begins to take and the bottom is golden.
6th Carefully, slide the tortilla on a plate. Place another plate on top and invert the two together so that one side is cooked on top. Slide the tortilla back into skillet and cook for 5 minutes, until bottom is golden.
7. Let stand 5 minutes. Investing in a serving dish. Serve hot or cold, cut into wedges.
Nutrients per serving
Nutritional information is based on teaspoon salt 1 / 8 to.
Calories 387 kcal
28 g fat
5 g saturated fat
411 mg sodium
317 mg cholesterol
Carbohydrates 23 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugar, 4 g
Protein 13 g
Magnesium 43 mg
Potassium 625 mg
Vitamin A 4% daily value
Vitamin C 78% Daily Value
Calcium 7% Daily Value
Iron value of 15% per day